The Project Engineer works within the Project Management Team which is responsible to plan and oversee the project to ensure a timely and cost-effective outcome. This includes budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of the project. Ensure the project is constructed in a safe, ethical manner and in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The Project Management Team can vary greatly depending on the size and complexity of the projects, which in turn will affect the number of responsibilities the Project Engineer will be involved in.
Has a basic understanding of:
• Client Delight: Builds relationships with individuals within client organizations to coordinate work and make decisions at the appropriate level for the short-term project and long-term partnership.
• Construction Documentation: Creates documentation such as RFIs, and client correspondence on issues related to the notification provisions in contracts.
• Construction Drawings / Plans: Reads and understands construction plans and drawings and the technical specifications associated with drawings. Outlines specifications required for submission to client and ensures submittals are approved.
• Safety - Project Management Building: Promotes and supports our care for life value, ensuring adherence to safety expectations and standards for self and others’ work. This includes avoiding taking unnecessary safety risks, and being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
• Subcontractor Management: Monitors, inspects subcontractor activities to ensure they are performing the work safely, are adhering to schedule, and are producing quality work to ensure they are in line with subcontractor agreements and our client contract obligations.
Education and Experience
Skanska is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or citizenship status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristics under federal, state, or local law.
Skanska Equal Employment Opportunity
Skanska uses knowledge & foresight to shape the way people live, work, and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we’re one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We operate in select markets throughout the Nordics, Europe and the United States. Skanska in the U.S. is headquartered in New York City with 30 offices around the country. In 2021, construction in the U.S. generated $6.4 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 7,300+ teammates in the U.S. and 30,000+ globally, we create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Software Powered by iCIMS