The Project Engineer assists and supports Project Manager and Superintendent on assigned projects. The position works under direct supervision, performs routine daily activities and gathers and distributes information. The Project Engineer must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
What You'll Do:
- Setup initial contracts and project information in PMIS;
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals;
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs;
- Assist in management of project permit process;
- Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement;
- Update construction schedule based on project team input, Trade Contractor progress and materials delivery;
- Change management systems, including soliciting, receiving, reviewing, and preparing quotations and change orders;
- Track and inspect material deliveries.
We're Looking For:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge of Prolog;
- Knowledge of Suretrak or Primavera;
- Broad understanding of industry;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic math/accounting skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to understand and follow directions;
- Good time management skills and organizational skills;
- Ability to read drawings and specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- Entry-level to 3 years of industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or citizenship status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristics under federal, state, or local law.
Skanska uses knowledge & foresight to shape the way people live, work, and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we’re one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We operate in select markets throughout the Nordics, Europe and the United States. Skanska in the U.S. is headquartered in New York City with 30 offices around the country. In 2021, construction in the U.S. generated $6.4 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 7,300+ teammates in the U.S. and 30,000+ globally, we create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.