The Project Controls Coordinator is largely responsible for the logging and distribution of all relevant project controls documents to the Project team. The Project Controls Coordinator supervises and directs all planning and scheduling activities of the project through the application of diversified controls, systems, principles and practices. The Project Controls Coordinator works under direct supervision gathers, distributes information, and if applicable, will supervise other administrative personnel related to Project Controls.
What You'll Do:
- Independently manage the development/implementation of project controls standards and procedures; - Maintain effective relationships with internal and external clients;
- Manage meetings with owner, client representatives and other contractors as required;
- Perform tasks required to develop and maintain budgets for a project. This includes reorganizing budgets resulting from a change in means and methods, as well as updating budgets for additional work activities.
- Input and monitor costs and progress. This includes coding and/or reviewing the coding of timesheets, invoices, etc. for accuracy as well as insuring that adequate tracking of quantities and production is done on a weekly basis. The results of the analysis should be analyzed and clearly communicated to the other members of the project team.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly project forecasts based on extensive knowledge of the ongoing construction as well as input from other members of the project team.
- Prepare and/or review monthly billings to Owner;
- Assist in the preparation and negotiation of cost proposals for additional work including tracking Time & Material work;
- Interface/and act as liaison with project management, owner, subcontractors, etc. on all planning and scheduling related items and functions, including making independent determinations as to reporting requirements, progress status, new impacts, etc.;
- Understanding of corporate planning and schedule standards and how they are implemented to aid Managers in ensuring that project related activities comply;
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation.
We're Looking For:
- Computer proficient and the ability to adapt to innovations and processes;
- Ability to coordinate and interact with Client administrative personnel on a daily basis;
- Broad understanding of industry;
- Strong written, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task; - Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to understand and follow directions;
- Negotiating skills and ability to make effective decisions;
- Strong math/accounting skills;
- 3-5 years heavy construction experience to include client coordination, finance, scheduling, cost control, contract administration and construction/engineering resolution;
- Experience working with self-perform labor component;
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of;
- Experience working in JD Edwards and Heavy Job a plus.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination prior to beginning employment.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or citizenship status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristics under federal, state, or local law.
Skanska uses knowledge & foresight to shape the way people live, work, and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we’re one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We operate in select markets throughout the Nordics, Europe and the United States. Skanska in the U.S. is headquartered in New York City with 30 offices around the country. In 2021, construction in the U.S. generated $6.4 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 7,300+ teammates in the U.S. and 30,000+ globally, we create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.